Hydrotoys Forums  

Go Back   Hydrotoys Forums > Other > Racing, Camping, Events, or Locations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Forum Addict
Post Whore!!!

Default Senator Wash Rate Increase

Just saw that Senator Wash increased day and overnight fees. We are going out Labor Day weekend, for those fees they better have water in there.

Quote:
FEES / PERMITS REQUIRED:The fee is $10 per vehicle for day-use, $15 per vehicle for overnight use, or $75 annually per vehicle for up to 5 people per vehicle. There will be a $1 per person fee charged for each person over the 5 person limit. Visitors must pay daily fees at self-registration fee pipes located at the site or at the BLM Yuma Field Office located at 2555 E. Gila Ridge Road in Yuma. Annual permits are currently available for purchase at the Yuma Field Office.
http://www.blm.gov/az/outrec/camping/southshore.htm

Quote:
New Recreation Fees at Yuma Area Recreation Sites

Yuma, Ariz. - The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Yuma Field Office will begin implementing a new fee schedule for seven recreation sites on Monday, June 4, 2007. The recreation sites affected are the Squaw Lake Boat Launch and Campground, Senator Wash Boat Launch and Day-use Area, Senator Wash North Shore Campground, Senator Wash South Shore Campground, Betty’s Kitchen Watchable Wildlife Area, Oxbow Recreation and Wildlife Area, and Ehrenberg Sandbowl Off-highway Vehicle Area. The new fees are needed to cover the rising operational costs of managing and maintaining the recreation sites.

Visitors must purchase the following types of permits prior to or upon entering these sites:

· $10.00 per vehicle Day-use Permit,
· $15.00 per vehicle Overnight Permit, or
· $75.00 per vehicle Annual Permit.

Each permit covers five people in each vehicle, with an additional $1 per person fee charged for each person over the five person limit. Permits are honored at all seven Yuma Field Office recreation sites for the length of their validity. One exception to the above fee schedule is that the Day-use Permit at the Ehrenberg Sandbowl will remain $5.

Day-use and Overnight Permits can be purchased at the self-registration fee pipes located at all seven recreation sites. Annual Permits can be purchased at the BLM Yuma Field Office located at 2555 East Gila Ridge Road in Yuma, or in the volunteer contact stations at the Squaw Lake Boat Launch and Campground, Senator Wash South Shore Campground, and Oxbow Recreation and Wildlife Area.

The BLM is required by Federal law to re-invest the collected fees back into recreation sites for facility repair, maintenance, and enhancement projects, visitor services, signs, habitat improvement projects for wildlife-dependent recreation activities, and law enforcement related to visitor public health and safety.

-BLM-
http://www.blm.gov/az/st/en/info/new...007_-_new.html
Old 08-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Administrator
ticking time bomb for a ski

Good God! 200% increase in fees! Talk about inflation!
Old 08-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Lurker
The little tuner that could!

Over hear the state run lakes charge for the tow vehicle and each craft entering the water. Costs me 21 for the two skis and 1 vehicle per day. I think it's BS that some yahoo with an 80' yacht pays less than me with two pwc.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Another POSSIBLE option, is the "golden age" or "America the Beautiful" passport. They may cut your cost if you go to state/federal parks. I pay $90 for mine in AZ and I get into my local lakes (not county) included in the purchase price.

If memory serves me, I think they accept them at Senator. If you go over 8 times in one year, it pays for itself. Also good at all federal parks.
http://store.usgs.gov/pass/

Quote:
Your Annual Pass covers Entrance Fees or Standard Amenity Fees at sites managed by USDA FS, NPS, USFWS, BLM and Reclamation.
  • Valid for one full year from month of purchase.
  • Provides entrance or access to pass holder and accompanying passengers in a single, private, non-commercial vehicle at Federally operated recreation sites across the country.
  • Covers the pass holder and three (3) accompanying adults age 16 and older at sites where per person entrance fees are charged. No entry fee for children 15 and under.
  • Photo identification may be required to verify ownership.
  • Passes are NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-TRANSFERABLE, and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
  • Fees vary widely across the thousands of Federal Recreation sites. Please contact specific sites directly for information on what is or is not covered.
  • If you are 62 or older or receive disability benefits, you may be eligible for the Senior or Access pass.

Last edited by hydrotoys : 08-26-2007 at 09:01 AM.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Administrator

The annual pass DOES cover Senator Wash. My day was free yesterday.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Forum Addict
Sold my ski so that I could post here

Send a message via MSN to Pat-Sea-Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrotoys View Post
Good God! 200% increase in fees! Talk about inflation!
Damn... - Difficult to admit...

http://jetclub.info/